About Ogasawara Islands
Summary of Ogasawara Islands
The creature of the Ogasawara Islands accomplishes original evolution. Because Ogasawara Islands were separated from it since the formation all the time from the continent.
- The Ogasawara Islands located some 1,000 km directly south of Tokyo, Japan.
- About 30 islands
- The only inhabited islands of the Ogasawara Islands(小笠原諸島) are Chichi-jima (父島) and Haha-jima (母島).
- Annual average temperature : 23 degrees
- Subtropical climate
- National park
- Giant squid - roughly 25 feet (8 meters)
Map ⇒ Map of Ogasawara Islands
Access to Ogasawara Islands ※No Airway
- Liner Ogasawara kaiun [Tokyo ⇔ Ogasawara Islands]
- Cruise (Irregular service)
※Please refer to a travel agency for the details.
- Whale watching
- Dolphin Swimming
- Scuba diving
- Sport Fishing
- Sea Kayaking
- Outrigger Canoeing
Special product (Food)
- Passion Fruit(パッションフルーツ) - Passiflora edulis
- Sushi(島寿司) - Shimazushi is sushi dipped in soy sauce.
- Ogasawara Village Tourist Association http://www.ogasawaramura.com/en/
- Ogasawara Village Tourism Bureau http://www.visitogasawara.com/
- Ogasawara Islands - UNESCO World Heritage Centre http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/5095/
- Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogasawara_Islands
- Wikitravel http://wikitravel.org/en/Ogasawara_Islands